What if you did Beyblades but with furry animals instead of spinning tops? You’d get FurryFury: Smash & Roll from Demibug and Cosmic Publishing. Players take control of a variety of wacky animals, roll into an arena, and brawl against enemies. With both local and online 2-player co-op, this one should be a smash with friends. After first launching on Steam and mobile, FurryFury is now available on Nintendo Switch as well.
From a gameplay standpoint, FurryFury resembles other momentum-based games like Pac n’ Roll. Rolling and knocking into enemies is the name of the game, but each character has unique abilities as well. The variety of characters and arenas help give FurryFury some staying power.
- Physics-based gameplay - aim, roll, sit back and enjoy watching things bounce and explode.
- Fast-paced, simultaneous turns - plan together with your teammate to launch devastating combos
- Beasts evolving throughout a match - harass your enemies or focus on increasing your strength and unlocking skills to harass them even more (you can still do both at once if you're awesome).
- Choose your rewards - there are many beasts to play as and each of them has a different set of attributes and skills. But you can also customize their move effect, victory quote, and more - whenever you gain a new customization item, you can choose from two, no duplicates guaranteed!
- Become a ghost - did you just get smashed? No worries! You'll come back to 'life' as a ghost to actively bother the enemies with your presence.
- Step up the beast ranking - win fame and fight for the highest rank in the leaderboard - show your friends (and the world) who's the best by climbing up the ranking ladder.
- Co-op campaign - carefully balanced difficulty and separate progression for teams of two.